In Turkey, pilav without vermicelli is just a plain rice. Vermicelli gives taste and it's a lot different from Asian's steamed rice with butter.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
What you will need:
2 table spoon butter
1 cup of rice
2 cups of hot water
1 table spoon pine nut(optional)
1 table spoon salt
2 table spoon vermicelli
How to prepare:
- Soak the rice in a warm water for 15 minutes before tossing into the hot pan with butter.
- Put butter into the hot pan. After it melts,add vermicelli and pine nuts.
- When vermicelli turns brown, you can add rice after draining its water.
- Stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add hot water and let the mixture cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice softens.
You may wish to check out other Pilav recipes we have previously posted:
Pilav with Chestnut