Thursday, March 10, 2011

Turkish Dishes: Eggplant Pilav

And the husband food blog for today: 

One of my favorite vegetable is eggplant. I love everything cooked with eggplant.

Pilav+eggplant+yoghurt = A delicious lunch for me!


This dish is called: Eggplant Pilav

Preparation :35minutes
Cooking:30 minutes


What you will need:
1 big eggplant
2 table spoon salt
2 table spoon olive oil
1 cup rice
2 cups of water
1 table spoon black pepper powder



How to cook:
  1. Cut eggplant in small squares then soak in a warm water with salt for 15 minutes so it can release its bitter taste.
  2. Put 1 cup of rice in to warm water with 1 table spoon salt for about 15 minutes.
  3. Dry the eggplant pieces with tissue and add into hot oil pant and fry until it turns pinkish.
  4. Rinse the rice and cook with 2 cups of water in a pan.
  5. Laslyt, mix the cooked rice and eggplant in a separate cup and top with black pepper.

Afiyet olsun!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by!I'm following you back.

    Awesome food you have there...sllrrpp...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I love eggplants, and I love when my mom cooks them. I have always been too scared to use them and I am unsure if my husband has ever had any...I know to be scared considering I think I am sorta of a foodie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Love eggplant - or aubergine, especially with herby yoghurt. Also like blogs with a bit of everything going on, so after seeing your link on BookBlogs I'm following on NetworkedBlogs. Come and visit me in France!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ deborah - i might take you up on that! ;)

    ladies, so glad that you love the recipe.. Cihangir is really a good cook especially Turkish dishes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I wish you could send me some as I know for a fact no one in the house except me would try it...but it looks so good!!!!
    New follower, nice to meet you!
    ~K~

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds really yummy, thanks for sharing your recipe! happy food trip friday! :)

    PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the recipe i will try this it looks yummy.

    Noobfoodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you via the Weekend hop -- lovely blog you have here!
    Please stop by and say hiya and follow along if ya like!

    ♥cyn♥

    http://cyn-thenutshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Great and very yummy ! Newest followers. When you get a chance hop on by.

    http://www.bluembellish.blogspot.com.

    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm, interesting- lemme try this out, im sure my family would love it too. So healthy looking

    Happy foodtripping, hope you check out my entry too
    I Love Darly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting here from FTF #36...

    Sarap ng gulay at healthy recipe pantanggal umay sa mga pork at meat na nadaanan habang nagbloblog hop heheheh.

    nakidaan, nakibasa at natakam...
    ====
    Brown Pinay
    My Point of View
    GCircles
    PartyPreppies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! New follower! Love your blog! You can visit me at http://mymodernguide.blogspot.com

    Beki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm sounds really delightful

    Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
    <3, New Follower
    Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting recipe but I guess I'll pass. I like eggplant as enchilada. :)

    FTF #21.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving some love!

XOXO Turknoys

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...