|this is a very delicious dish - i swear!|
Celery root is very rich in vitamins and is a popular dish in Turkey. This dish has been prepared by my mom when we were in Istanbul last January.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
What you will need:
4 celery roots
1 carrot chopped
2 small onions, chopped
1 medium size potato, chopped in small pieces
1/2 cup of cooked rice
1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut the celery roots in to two and cook in deep pan with water until it gets soft.
- In a separate pan, toss the chopped onion, carrot and potato in hot olive oil.
- Scoop out the middle portion of the softened celery roots with a spoon. The scooped portion can be added into the mixture.
- Add the cooked rice into the mixture with celery roots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve the dish in the celery roots and topped with fresh dill.