|Şakşuka (pronounced as "Shakshuka")|
Our daily dose of recipe for the love of Turkish dishes! This is one of the most popular vegetable dish in the Turkish kitchen.
What you will need:
1 medium size eggplant
1 medium size onion
1 tomato (shell removed)
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of olive oil
1 cup yogurt(for sauce)
1 long green pepper(optional)
1/2 bunch parsley
How to cook:
- Chop the eggplant in cubes. Leave in salty-water for about 1 hour. Remove and drain the water and dry with paper tower.
- Place chopped garlic in to the hot pan with olive oil then add cubed onion.
- Let the onion turn pinkish. Add cubed carrot pieces,and also chopped zucchini with eggplant into the pan.
- Toss the diced tomato pieces and let them settle for about 5 minutes.
- Serve. You can add garlic yogurt next to it. Top with chopped parsley for better taste.