KARNI YARIK (Whole, Slitted Eggplant with Seasoned Minced Meat Filling)
(Also, check out our other Turkish Dishes)
What you need:
- 3 medium size eggplants
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 tea spoon salt
- 1 table spoon black paper
How to cook:
- Let the eggplants to rest in salty water for about 30 minutes after cutting the shell of the eggplants like strips.
- While the eggplants are in the water , heat the oil then add the chopped onion,garlic and cook about 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Mix the minced meat with the other ingredients in the pan. Later on, add the black pepper and salt.
- After the meat changed its color , you can place all cooked ingredients in a separate container.
- After removing eggplants , we need to dry them with paper tissue or towel.
- With one straight vertical line cut the eggplants into halves. Next, cook in a frying pan with really hot oil until all sides turned brownish well. Make sure the oil is really hot for the eggplants otherwise the eggplants can absorb the oil easily.
- After frying the eggplants , previously cooked ingredients should be added into the each eggplants.
- Stuffed Eggplants is now ready to be placed in the previously greased oven tray.
- Place your tray into a hot oven (180 degree) for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- The dish is now ready to be served. We prefer to serve the dish with garlic yogurt.
|Can be served with pilav and topped with tomato and garlic|