Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our Favorite Bedtime Stories






Looking for the life's "pause" button because the kids seem to be growing up way too fast? Somehow, for me, reading these type of books for kids make everything stop: forever they will be my babies. These books will always be remembered as their bedtime stories. They may sometimes think that I am cheesy  I love you  to them all the time, every chance I got, but I want to absorb every moment until they say eoowww. Well, K1 is actually starting to mock me but hey, I still got two kids to go. And deep down inside, K1 still loves to told I love you and all the time looking forward to our cuddle time.


Here are our favorites:


I Love You With All My Heart - Polo the polar bear questions how his mother can love him with all her heart and learns from his many friends the all-encompassing quality of a parent's love.


I Want a Cuddle Kisses - Poor Little Rabbit has fallen over and hurt her paw. She wants a cuddle, but where can she find one that's not too prickly, tickly, bristly or bumpy? A warm and gentle story in which Little Rabbit discovers that everyone needs a cuddle at times, even Little Foxes! Ages 3-6.

Kisses: In this warm, playful tale, a father helps his daughter get ready for bed. Lisa asks her daddy to give her a kiss. "Of course, " Daddy says. "Do you want a witch's kiss? A butterfly kiss? A Morn kiss? A circus kiss? An Eskimo kiss?" Finally Lisa tells him what kind of kiss she really wants. Each of the kisses is lovingly and humorously illustrated with Marijke ten Cate's expressive artwork.
Parents and children cherish the quiet time at the end of the day when books are read. Bedtime stories are a comforting, shared ritual of love, laughter, and anticipation of sweet dreams.




I Love You Stinky Face - A vividly illustrated bedtime story that shows how the unconditional love of a mother can be tested through the relentless questions of her little boy.

"But Mama, but Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk, and I smelled so bad that my name was Stinky Face?"

Mothers love their children and this unconditional love is truly tested in I LOVE YOU, STINKY FACE. Lisa McCourt and Cyd Moore beautifully weave a reassuring tale of the love and affection of a parent. The imaginative son turns himself into a meat-eating dinosaur, a swamp creature and much, much more before being satisfied with the fact that no matter how stinky he is or how slimy of a creature he could possibly be, he is loved and nothing will change that.



Here is K1's version of her review of the books:





Hope you like these bedtime books as much as we do!

Keep reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving some love!

XOXO Turknoys

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...