Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mommy Moments: New Achievement

One of my favorite quotes is by Helen Hayes :" My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success." 

I have adopted the concept in some aspects of my life including parenting. Although those are the feel good moments, being praised by others is less important compared to determination and hard work.
 
 
This is my first time to join Mommy Moments I saw the link through Mommy AC - a long time online friend. I really like the concept. You may wish to tell us the new achievement of your child/ ren as well. You can go the link below.

mommy moments


Kylie's latest achievement is rewarded by her teacher as STAR OF THE WEEK. She became a more jolly and social person after our Turkey vacation, not to mention more relaxed to learn new things. We really should try to spend vacation more frequently.

Kylie's nth Star of the Week award - oh la la!

Similarly, Kerim finally warmed up to people - a lot! He stopped crying whenever we are in a crowd of people. More so, he is now an entertainer together with his other baby-friends.

Kerim and Maha during Ate Marga's 5th birthday party
Well, they are still clingy to Mommy - that I don't complain about! But my angels are sure paving their way to more of life's achievement.

HOORAY!


3 comments:

  1. I like that distinction between success and achievement and your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the achievements of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! thanks for the special mention, mommy leng and for the link back. You'll surely enjoy MM. Just a heads up - when I am trying to click your link in the list, it seems to be unclickable. maybe you missed to input your URL?

    I'm happy that you're now with Kylie... and now, with the addition of a sweet little man. you're so blessed! =) plus plus plus all these achievements! wow! masarap dba na lagi silang nakadikit satin? but no matter how we wanted it that way, they always have to discover their wings and I'm glad that both of them are slowly discovering theirs.

    Happy MM, Mommy Leng!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving some love!

XOXO Turknoys

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...