Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DO WHAT? TO WHAT? SO THAT?

I will write this blog for my blog followers to teach them a simple tip on how to communicate effectively.
Do what. To What. So That.
Being a parent requires great tact in delivering the message across.
Scene 1: Do What.
Mommy (to two kids): Clean up time!
No one cleaned up.
Mommy: Why you didn’t clean up, Kylie?
Kylie: You didn’t tell ME to clean up! Kerim should clean up.
That’s one wrinkle in my forehead.
Scene 2: Do What. To What
Kylie: Clean up time , Kylie!
The subject responded quite automatically.
Kylie: Why? I am not done playing yet. Why not Kerim? I am tired.
That’s two wrinkles .
Scene 3: Do what. To What. So That.
Mommy:  It’s time to clean up, Kylie, so we can go to the mall to buy you more toys.
And Kylie immediately clean up.
I obviously need a parenting coach!  

oh great tact!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!!! this is funny mommy leng... now I know... do what - to what - so what... thanks for the tips! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving some love!

XOXO Turknoys

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...