The most read so far by our Young Reader Kylie and Eager Learner Kerim are listed here:
1. Elmer's Special Day: Starring Elmer the patchwork elephant is a very well adored by Turknoy kids. It's almost Elmer's Day again for the elephants, and they are getting their colourful parade outfits already. But in their excitement they are making an awful lot of noise and upsetting the other animals. So Elmer changes the rules and invites every single animal in the jungle to join the parade.
And they have a special surprise for Elmer! A very interactive book for kids and very entertaining even for adults - really really!
2. Binky the Pink Elephant: Is a story of an elephant who embarks on a journey, makes many friends and learns that being different can also be admirable.
Application is developed by iStoryTime and so far we are loving all applications from this developer.
3. Fancy Nancy and the Sensational Baby Sitter. Developed by Curious Puppy this book application is as fancy and as fabulous as the Fancy Nancy book series. Kylie loved all the fancy words and the idea of babysitter rather than a nanny.
4. Fancy Nancy and the Late, Late, LATE Night. It is so obvious we love Fancy Nancy and the idea of being fancy. This application is all about Hollywood! Awesome! With a lesson to not stay up too late!
5. Learning A-Z Books. Okay, this is more of Mommy's lesson plan in reading for the kids rather than a favorite but the applications the kids love sometimes make them lazy in reading as most of them have "READ TO ME" and AUTO PLAY function. These book series focus on reading levels and comprehension. So, it's one book from this a day with Mommy as teacher before they start exploring the iPad.
And I should mention that there are free applications in all reading levels. But once you tried the books, there's a tendency to be so committed to teaching your child using this as a tool. And it is a powerful tool.
6. Learning A-Z Books. Okay, this is more of Mommy's lesson plan in reading for the kids rather than a favorite but the applications the kids love sometimes make them lazy in reading as most of them have "READ TO ME" and AUTO PLAY function. These book series focus on reading levels and comprehension. So, it's one book from this a day with Mommy as teacher before they start exploring the iPad.
7. The Wonky Donkey. HEEE HAWW!!! FUN! If it doesn't convince you that it is a great application, I don't know what would. The song is definitely catchy, the book so interactive. To be honest, we have't bought the Full Version (it costsUSD7.99) but we are definitely enjoying the Lite Version. We can record the song and color the pages and use our work as our book version - cool!
Here's the song - this will make you want to check out the application, for sure!
8. The Legend of the Sleepy Hallow. Time to introduce the kids to suspense story without being scared and yes! we got this application for free from iStoryTime. It's one good scare and great fun with the kids for bedtime story! AWWOO!
9. VIOLET, The Children's iPad Book. This is a book series about the Phantom Girl and her love to experiment. Reading one book at a time, we try to follow her experiments as well to feed the children's curiosity.
10. And of course our Dr. Seuss Books is the last and not the least of our favorites. Can't get enough of these book applications.
What are your favorite applications for young readers? Please do share. Feed our addiction.
Linking this here: